Connect with us

METRO

3 Nigerians, 5 Ghanaians arrested for kidnapping Canadians(Photos)

Published

on

Ghana’s Information serves Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has said that three Nigerians, and not four as prior revealed, were captured regarding the hijacking of two Canadian ladies in Kumasi.

Five Ghanaians were additionally captured. Be that as it may, one of the Nigerians was the pioneer of the seizing group, he said in a report distributed by Graphic.com, Ghana’s driving everyday paper.

In an update, Nkrumah said the suspects were captured on Wednesday morning after an activity which liberated the two ladies who were abducted a week ago Tuesday.

As per him, no remote knowledge/security agents were associated with the activity which was driven by the National Security of Ghana. He included that the CID, BNI, SWAT and Defense Intelligence assumed essential jobs in the salvage mission which began Tuesday and finished at daybreak Wednesday.

Mr. Oppong-Nkrumah said the two ladies were saved at Kenyasi, close Kumasi in the Ashanti Region in a task which kept going 25 minutes during a shoot-out.

“At 1900 hours, a first capture was made, by 21:15 hours, one of the people who are the joint group running this activity likewise captured an accessory straightforwardly associated with this occurrence. A nearby Ghanaian contact who was giving… for the ruffians were secured around 20:45 hours prompting the capture of different accessories”.

“The holding spot of the exploited people was along these lines encompassed just before 5 am toward the beginning of today [Wednesday] and by 5:15 am, a joint group had ruptured the premises with the expectations of saving the young ladies. Discharges were terminated from inside the premises, and it took around 25 minutes to finish this task.

“Before the finish of the task, the two Nigerians who were holding the ladies had been curbed, and the third Nigerian accepted to be the pioneer of the pack was captured later at a different area,” he expressed. One of the presumes continued minor wounds from the shoot-out. Mr. Oppong-Nkrumah focused on that no payment was paid in return for the seized ladies.

“No payment was paid, no payoff was examined between our security organizations and the hijackers on this issue,” he said. The Canadians, Bailen Chitty, 19 years and Lauren Patricia Catherine Tilley, 20 years, are in Accra being evaluated by specialists and therapists in Accra, Nkrumah said.