The Concordia Entrance Scholarship is open to international students who are high-achieving students from all over the world. This award is offered by Concordia University and is for the university’s undergraduate and graduate programs. You’ll be happy to know that funding is usually available to students upon admission, allowing them to focus on research and studies. These funding packages could include prizes generated by Concordia University operating funds and / or the kindness of individual sponsors.
Concordia University – About
Concordia University, frequently known as Concordia, is a public research academy based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is the only one of the three universities in Quebec where English is the main language spoken. For the 2019/2020 academic session, there were 46,077 scholars enrolled in credit courses at Concordia, making the university one of the largest in Canada by acceptance.
Founded in 1974, Concordia University is a renowned institution of higher education. It is known for its two campuses and four colleges. The Sir George Williams campus is located in the heart of downtown Montreal, Quartier Concordia (around the Guy-Concordia metro station) and the Loyola campus in the western end residential neighborhood of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. They are connected by a free shuttle service for students, teachers and employees.
Why should you study at Concordia University? The institution offers more freedom to pursue a career that motivates you and you are expected to enjoy your career more. The school is a vibrant and thriving community that plays a key role in advancing Canada’s educational system.
Concordia Entrance Scholarship – Summary
- Award Level: Undergraduate & Graduate
- Eligible Countries: Any
- Awarding Institution: Concordia University
- Department: N/A
- Location: Canada
- Number of Awards: Not stated
- Value of Award: $10,000.
- Application Deadline: Not specified
Eligibility for Concordia Entrance Scholarship
To be eligible for Concordia Entrance Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: All
- Acceptable Courses: Undergraduate & Graduate program in any field taught by the school.
- Interested persons must have applied for a degree in any area of study at Concordia University.
- Applicants must hold high school certificates, and an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
Benefits of Concordia Entrance Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Concordia Entrance Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- The program will provide an award amount of $10,000 to the winning applicants for the session 2020/2021.
- These benefits are regularly topped up with research and teaching assistantships, making the complete funding package financially adequate, and allowing students to finish their degree in a timely manner.
How to Apply for Concordia Entrance Scholarship
To apply for Concordia Entrance Scholarship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Interested students wishing are encouraged to apply early for admission; there is no different application procedure for graduate fellowships.
- After applying for an approved course at the university, all applicants will be qualified for this application scheme.
- Necessary Documents: The following must be submitted as additional documents of application for admission: Pre-qualification degree, academic transcripts in copies, awards, English language proficiency certificates, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- All candidates must hold a high school diploma to get admission to an undergraduate degree program at the university. It is vital to go through all application requirements in the official website before applying.
- Language Prerequisite: Applicants have to meet the English language requirements of the university.
At Concordia University, funding is offered at the period of admission, which allows students to focus on their research and studies. These funding packages could include awards that are generated by the operating funds of Concordia University, and/or through the kindness of individual sponsors.