Good morning! Right here is at this time’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The Federal Authorities has supplied employment to 168 corps members who gained the President’s Nationwide Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Honours Awards.
The Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, who introduced this on the award ceremony, which held on Friday in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory, directed that the recipients of the awards, be employed instantly into the Federal Civil Service.
2. The Federal Excessive Courtroom Abuja was on Friday requested to determine whether or not Ademola Adeleke nonetheless certified to be a serving Senator having been discovered responsible of forging the Secondary Faculty Certificates he utilized in contesting the election.
This was contained in a go well with marked FHC/ABJ/CS/462/2019 and filed by Akinwale Olaniyi and Akinjide Monsuru and made obtainable to newsmen by their Counsel, Mr Ola Adeosun in Abuja.
3. Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Social gathering, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has threatened to pursue the imprisonment of the Chairman of the Impartial Nationwide Electoral Fee, INEC Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, by submitting contempt proceedings in opposition to him.
Atiku’s camp insisted that INEC was but to adjust to the Atiku authorized crew, including that it could haven’t any selection however to hunt the committal of Yakubu to jail for alleged disobedience to a legitimate order of courtroom.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari’s Particular Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has mentioned that Nigerians, who so want, have the suitable to imagine that his principal’s non-public go to to the UK is to hunt medical consideration.
5. The Peoples Democratic Social gathering, PDP, Nationwide Chairman, Uche Secondus, on Friday alleged that the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal authorities arm-twisted the Impartial Nationwide Electoral Fee, INEC, into tampering with the results of the February 23 presidential and Nationwide Meeting elections.
Secondus additionally said that there was no proof that President Buhari was answerable for the nation.
6. The Transmission Firm of Nigeria (TCN) on Friday introduced that the Nationwide Grid is experiencing diminished energy era.
It mentioned this was as a consequence of emergency upkeep by Nigeria Fuel Firm on its fuel pipeline supplying fuel to Egbin, Omotosho, Olorunsogo and Paras Energy Stations.
7. As a part of efforts to finish the gridlock on Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, the Senate Committee on Works, on Friday advocated co-operation of varied authorities companies to make port operations simpler.
The committee, throughout an emergency assembly with stakeholders in Lagos as a part of its oversight features, condemned extortion of truck drivers and requested legislation enforcement and visitors regulatory companies to analyze and punish erring officers.
8. Two employees of Shell Nigeria have been kidnapped alongside the Ahoada-Ndele-Rumuji-Emohua axis of the East-West highway, Rivers State.
Two police escorts had been additionally killed through the kidnap.
9. The Nationwide Bureau of Statistics (NBS) mentioned Akwa Ibom reported the best unemployment fee of 37.7 per cent in third quarter 2018.
The bureau mentioned that Rivers had the second highest reported unemployment fee with 36.Four per cent adopted by Bayelsa with 32.6 per cent.
10. Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has debunked the hearsay making rounds that he was planning to dump the Peoples Democratic (PDP), for the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Ortom instructed newsmen in Makurdi on Friday that there was no foundation for leaving the PDP as he has been accommodated and made comfy in return.