Do you want to support your education in New Zealand? The Master’s Research Award is an exciting opportunity for high-performance national or Australian students to continue their master’s studies at the University of Otago.
The program is open to students seeking to obtain their first doctoral degree or thesis research for a master’s degree, which constitutes the entrance to the doctoral course at this university.
The University of Otago provides funds to support national and international students to complete a degree in New Zealand. Otago offers a wide range of study options nationally and internationally.
Why at the University of Otago? An Otago title prepares you for the globally connected, involved, and accelerated world. At Otago, you will get academic excellence and excellent student experience.
Application deadline: Applicants can submit the application at any time
- University or organization: University of Otago
- Department: Graduate Research School
- Course Level: Master
- Prize: stipend of NZ $ 15,000 per year
- Access mode: online
- Number of awards: up to 60 annually
- Nationality: national or Australian
The prize can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible countries: applications from all over New Zealand and Australia are accepted
- Acceptable course or subjects: the master program is available in any subject offered by the university
- Eligible criteria: to be eligible, applicants must:
- Applicants must obtain their first master’s degree
- The candidate must be domestic students or Australian students.
- Students must complete a thesis-based master’s degree
How to apply
- How to apply: Applications are made online through the eVision portal. When applying for admission, choose the right price for your Otago master’s degree. Once you complete your application for access to the program, you will receive an alert on your eVision portal inviting you to request the opportunity.
- Supporting documents: applicants must provide an original or certified copy of their university transcript.
- Admission requirements: Entry requirements for graduate programs may include: a previous degree or qualification, a minimum grade point average (GPA), English language proficiency needs, and other specific program requirements.
- Language requirement: All applicants must meet Otago’s English language proficiency requirements to request a master program.
- There are up to 60 prizes available. The Otago University Master’s Research Award provides funds of up to NZ $ 15,000 stipend per year for the national tuition exemption that excludes the student services fee and insurance.