The FCT Police Command on Friday presented 49 suspects in connection with alleged armed robberies, kidnapping, car theft, drug trafficking, and fraud.
Latest Nageria newspaper report that The FCT police commissioner, CP Bala Ciroma, said the Command also recovered seven firearms, two live ammunition, 12 cars, 16 machetes, amulets and other exhibits of the suspects.
The suspects, according to Ciroma, include 21 armed robbers, 14 kidnappers, eight-car hijackers, five drug dealers, and a scammer.
He added that so far, a total of 10 people suspected of working with the unions behind the criminal act had been arrested around the Rubochi, Kuje, Kwali and Abaji axis and are currently under investigation.
The alleged kidnappers arrested are Mohammad Umar, 22; Mohammed Abdulsalam, 18; Abdullahi Bashir, 17; Abdulrazak Ibrahim, 20; Ibrahim Dogosika, 20; and Idris Ori, 30.
Other alleged kidnappers arrested were Friday 22-year-old Taiye; Abdullahi Ibrahim, 30; Garba Abubakar, 25 and Abdullahi Mohammed, 35.
Latest Nageria newspaper report that Ciroma claims that after the ongoing investigation into a kidnapping incident reported in Asokoro on September 14, police detectives of the Combat Squad against Kidnapping arrested a 23-year-old Saadu Abubakar.
“The suspect was arrested near Apo after the telephone number used for the criminal act was located. The Command is making a concerted effort to arrest other people involved in the criminal act. ”
He said that on October 3, after a warning, police detectives of the Anti-kidnapping Squadron Police arrested a 20-year-old Isiaku Shuiabu, and Husseini Chiroma, 45, suspected of being members of a notorious kidnapping union which operated around Gargwada in the Kuje area council.
“The suspects have provided useful information about some of their criminal activities on the axis. A single cannon gun and a union machete were recovered as exhibits.
“In another development, police detectives who followed a complaint arrested a 24-year-old Opoma Terry, who specializes in sending threatening messages to his unsuspecting victims by email.
Latest Nageria newspaper report that The suspect who operates from the state of Lagos sends messages to his victims threatening to kill them or kidnap them if a specific amount of money is not paid to the designated backup account.
“We are making progress. The joint operation was able to make a significant arrest. These suspects who are parading today are under investigation and as soon as we conclude our investigation, we will let you know the results of our findings, . Ciroma added that the suspects would be prosecuted in court after the conclusion of the investigation.