There are Scholarships at University of Toronto available to International MSc and PhD candidates who enrol in the Institute of Medical Science in the 2022 academic session.
The University of Toronto necessitates that all new and current doctoral stream candidates obtain a yearly student stipend.
The yearly stipend for all new and current candidates in the MSc program is $20,545.09 living stipend + tuition fees yearly, assured for the first 2 years of the MSc program.
The yearly stipend for all new and current candidates in the PhD program is $22,828.37 living stipend + tuition fees yearly, assured for the initial 5 years of their program and 6 years for the PhD Direct Entry program.
All candidates are strongly advised to apply for all Scholarships at University of Toronto that they are qualified for. There are lots of awards internal and external to the University. As scholarship award competitions become available, they will be publicized to faculty and students through email and on the website under Current Awards Competitions.
Worth of Scholarships at University of Toronto
- The minimum yearly stipend for new and current foreign candidates in the MSc program is $20,545.09 living stipend + tuition fees.
- The minimum yearly stipend for new and current foreign candidates in the PhD program is $22,828.37 living stipend + tuition fees.
The allowance for candidates who get more than $15,000 as a major, competitive, external award, is set at $4,000 above the fixed stipend level. In such situations, the candidates will be paid the sum of his/her award with the difference between his/her award and the total allowance plus a $4,000 distinction bonus. However, if the worth of the award is more than the value of the total allowance plus $4,000, the candidate then becomes unqualified for the merit bonus. It is the obligation of the supervisor to award the merit bonus.
Top-up Practices for Award Recipients
All scholarship awards that need candidate applications (except internal awards) are qualified for a top-up from the supervisor.
The top-up values are as follows:
$0.00 to $2,000 – there will be no top-up but the candidates gets to retain the award(s) up to a joint maximum of $2,000. The value of the award will not be removed from the base funding.
Between $2,001 to $9, 999 – the scholarship award goes towards the base funding and the candidate obtains a $2,000 top-up on top of the base funding.
Between $10,000 to $15, 000 – the scholarship award goes towards the base funding and the candidate obtains a $3,000 top-up on top of the base funding.
Over $15,000 – the scholarship award goes towards the base funding and candidates obtain a $4,000 top-up on top of the base funding.
Eligibility for Scholarships at University of Toronto
- You are required to meet their minimum academic prerequisites to be given consideration for graduate studies in the IMS.
- The original transcripts you present are crucial to defining your academic eagerness for entry to the IMS.
- An amplification of the transcript (what the grades imply, complicatedness of the course, explanation for low grades) can be encompassed in the referee’s letter or by the candidate during the interview.
- Candidates are required to have taken level 3 and 4 programs in their senior undergraduate years and are required to have taken most courses in the overall area of their proposed graduate program.
- Academic groundwork is also mirrored in research skills and accomplishments, particularly for those whose schooling ended over 5 years prior to application.
How to Apply for Scholarships at University of Toronto
- Application to the IMS graduate program is accessible online through the School of Graduate Studies Admissions Application portal.
- Your application will be given consideration after payment of the application fee is gotten by the School of Graduate Studies and the whole application is obtained by the department.
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed.
Application Deadline for Scholarships at University of Toronto
*The early consideration admission closing date for Fall registration is February 1. Prospective candidates applying to the February 1st application closing date have to submit a complete application by this closing date.