You are interested in furthering your education in Canada. Good news! University of Waterloo Scholarships are currently ongoing application. In this article we will explain in details about this scholarship, its worth, eligibility and step by step application process.
University of Waterloo Scholarships 2022/2023 is a fully funded one for international students. This scholarship is offered for Masters, Undergraduate and PhD studies.
The university is presenting the David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards to the highly successful applicants in support of Canadian and international students.
These scholarship is a full-time program open to students from around the globe who want to study in any Waterloo Faculty undergraduate and graduate degree program. Faculties will also nominate qualified students based on the Faculty’s award allocation. Scholars will be selected based on academic excellence as displayed through their application for admission to the graduate program.
The University of Waterloo, as a public research university in Canada, is always listed as the most creative university in Canada and the most famous for its cooperative education programs. It also provides six faculties and ten faculty-based colleges administering educational programs.
Worth of University of Waterloo Scholarships for International Students
- The scholarship covers the David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards which will be awarded worth up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience, $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience, up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience.
- It also covers International Master’s Award of Excellence which is valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of 6 terms.
Eligibility for University of Waterloo Scholarships for International Students
To be qualified for University of Waterloo Scholarships, each candidate must meet the following requirements:
- The required language for the scholarship is English.
- All World Countries are qualified for University of Waterloo Scholarships.\
- Applicants who have the good academic standing (normally a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level; normally a minimum 75% average at the graduate level) are qualified to apply for these scholarships.
- The candidates must also be full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any faculty who wish to participate in an international experience in Israel which includes a minimally-paid or volunteer international co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic requirements.
- International students with a valid Canadian study permit who are registered full time and assessed international tuition fees are also qualified for these scholarship.
- Candidates must also meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- Typically, scholars should not be simultaneously receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, and so on) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Candidates will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select scholars based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may also press stricter qualification criteria as appropriate.
How to Apply for University of Waterloo Scholarships for International Students
- Each candidates need to take admission at the university in undergraduate and graduate degree Program. After taking admission, you can now access the application on your forms pages.
- You also need to add a personal statement which will refer to the application form. All candidate must provide proof of their English language ability to meets the minimum requirements for admission.
- Scholars will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission; therefore no separate scholarship application is needed.
- Departments and/or Faculties will select the candidate and nominate for the scholarship.
Application Deadline for University of Waterloo Scholarships for International Students
The application deadline for the scholarship is February 1, 2022.